There are many reasons to choose the City of Fulton as your new place to call home. For a personalized tour of our quaint and wholesome community our Mayor, Larry Russell, will escort you around our beautiful and welcoming town. He will provide you with a packet of information that has ‘Everything you would like to know about relocating to Fulton.’ Please call him at City Hall (815) 589-2616 or cell phone (815) 764-0879.
Here are some of the reasons that others have chosen to live in Fulton. Newcomers compliment on the ease of adjusting and settling into our community because of the highly rated schools, inviting churches, great sports programs, the variety of volunteer opportunities and safe, friendly neighborhoods.
“Fulton’s Top Ten” is a list generated from others who have relocated to Fulton.
- Safe and secure small-town community located on the Mississippi River.
- Schools—Public and Private; all the school buildings located within the City limits. Strong academic achievement and broad spectrum of sport activities. For more information visit: www.riverbendschools.org
- Child Care—accommodations for working parents include taking children from the Centers to respective schools in the a.m. and escorting them back after school; also offers late-in-the day hours.
- Close proximity (within ten minutes) to top amenities: YWCA; multiplex movie theater; casino; performing arts venues; dance studios; plus national chain shopping opportunities that include Walmart, Kohls, Maurices, Claire's, Farm & Fleet, Home Depot, Jewel/Osco, Walgreens, Hy-Vee Grocery (with a Starbucks!).
- Less than 10 minutes from Mercy Hospital; full service facility with an emergency department; plus local medical, dental, and fitness facilities.
- Downtown shopping and eating establishments in a registered historic district.
- City-owned attractions: Heritage Canyon (1850s historic village); Community Center; Authentic Dutch Windmill; Windmill Cultural Center; Fulton Historic Museum, Andresen Nature Center and a Marina.
- Affordable and higher-end housing available for sale and rent. Re-sale value is an added asset.
- Community Center: a meal site; emergency heating and cooling center; public meetings location; available for private party rentals and basic/routine medical checkups, such as blood pressure, etc.
- Pride in property ownership - city is neat and clean in appearance.
One feature that sets Fulton apart is the variety and volume of volunteer opportunities. Statistics validate that communities that provide these avenues to newcomers realize a higher and more satisfied relation adjustment for its new residents.
Chamber of Commerce (M-F 10am-4pm)
912 4th Street
City Hall (M-F 8am-4pm)
415 11th Avenue
Tourism & Community Center (M-F 8am-4:30pm)
912 4th Street
- Haan Builders, Inc.
Steve Haan 815-589-2821
- Hunter’s Ridge
Darwin Olsen 563-249-7530
- JBR Builders, Inc. (condominium developers for Meadow Lane)
Bill Brinkman 815-589-3100
Realtors Fulton, IL / Clinton, IA