Fulton's connection to the United States President runs deep. The Reagan family plot is located in the former Fulton Catholic cemetery. The President's parents were both born and married in Fulton at the church rectory of Immaculate Conception. In addition, the President's great grandmother and paternal grandparents are all buried in the Reagan Family plot.
The Ronald Reagan Trail was officially designated by the Illinois General Assembly on May 21, 1999. The Ronald Reagan Trail consists of the following Illinois communities: Tampico (birth place), Dixon (boyhood home), Ohio, Princeton, Henry, Chillicothe, Peoria Heights, Washington, Galesburg, Monmouth and Fulton. As part of the trail, Fulton is added to all promotions including brochures and a website, http://www.ronaldreagantrail.net/.
Places of Interest:
- Ronald Reagan Family burial plot (Grandmother, Catheriine Reagan) located at Calvary Catholic Cementary on N 4th Street. Wilson Family burial plot (Grandmother Mary Anne Wilson, Aunt Sara Jane (Jennie), Aunt Mary Lavina (Vina) , located at Fulton Township Cemetary on 9th Street.
- Birthplace of John "Jack" Reagan at 500 7th Avenue. Was born in 1883 at this location that is now a private residence.
- Ronald's parents, John "Jack" and Nellie Reagan's first home is located at 907 12th Avenue and is now a private residence. They lived there with Jack's mother as newly weds.
- Ronald Reagan's parents Nellie Clyde Wilson and John "Jack" Reagan were married November 8, 1904, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church's rectory located at 703 12th Avenue.
Former business locations of Reagan's Ancestors:
- 1003 4th Street, Reagan Sisters Margaret and Mary, who were Great Aunt's of Ronald, established millinery business that lasted 22 years.
- 1007 4th Street, former Johnson's Confectionary, was a regular jelly bean customer when his parents would visit Fulton.
Reagan History Room at the Martin Museum, located at 707 10th Avenue.