1. Call to order Council meeting for the City of Fulton.
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Appointments – Mayor Wendy is appointing a committee to look into the liquor ordinances in the past to the present and bring to the Council a resolution to approve. Those appointed are Barb Mask, Sue VanKampen, Jackie Wilkin and Terry Boonstra. Mayor Wendy will chair this committee.
Schedule for right now, the Liquor Ordinance Committee will meet the second and fourth Mondays at 7:00 a.m. in the Council chambers.
5. Recognition of Volunteers
6. Communication from Visitors (Any communication that is NOT on the agenda for consideration)
7. Presentation –
8. Consent Agenda (All items in the consent agenda will be enacted by a single motion and roll call vote. Any item may be removed upon request by the Mayor or any Aldermen and considered individually after all other items of business on the consent agenda.)
- Approve Council Meeting Minutes from October 9, 2023, with corrections. (pages 4-6)
- Motion to Approve
No City Council meeting on December 25, 2023.
- Motion to Approve
Motion to approve Tammy Garibay as Business Manager to take over the responsibilities of the City Administrator’s position starting Oct. 4, 2023, through January 1, 2025. Starting January 1, 2024, she will work 3 days in the office, 1 day from home. Her position will stay Union, at her request, with no interaction for discipline with employees at all.
Committee of the Whole – Discussion
Per alderpersons request, Amendments to Liquor Licenses since 2019, provided by Tammy Garibay are in your packet. (pages 7-20)
Discuss Christmas bonuses for Full-time and Part-time employees. If motion needed, it will be on next meeting’s agenda.
Chief Nick and Mayor Wendy met with a website designer to upgrade our website to make it more user friendly.
Mayor Wendy talked with the IML to have all future festivals and functions as long as they are on City property will be covered by our insurance. No other insurance is needed or required.
Report from Chief Neblung for the MTA bus service usage. (page 21)
- Committee Reports
- Finance –
- Personnel –
C. Economic Development –
D. Parks & Rec -
E. Public Safety – (page 22)
F. Marina –
G. Tourism – (page 23)
H. Zoning -
Budget Needs for next year? Signs, Code Officer, Tourism Director, Sidewalks & Streets
2. Mayor’s Report –
3. Aldermen Report – None. Nothing provided to the Clerk at time of agenda. (All Aldermen reports need to be in writing.)
4. Chief of Police Report – (pages 24-27)
5. Public Works Director Report -
6. Historical Society Report – (page 28)
7. FYI from Mayor Wendy, Girl Scouts Cookie Program. (page 29)
Closed Session for Personnel, Litigation or Sale of Property
Motion to enter into Closed Session for discussion of personnel and litigation.
Tammy Garibay will be present via conference call.
Motion to come out of Closed Session to return to the regular meeting.
8. Motion to Adjourn