1. Call to order Council meeting for the City of Fulton.
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Appointments –
5. Recognition of Volunteers -
6. Communication from Visitors (Any communication that is NOT on the agenda for consideration)
8. Consent Agenda (All items in the consent agenda will be enacted by a single motion and roll call vote. Any item may be removed upon request by the Mayor or any Aldermen and considered individually after all other items of business on the consent agenda.)
- Approve Council Meeting Minutes from Sept. 11, 2023, with corrections. (pages 4-6)
- Approve the Treasurer’s Report (pages 7-13)
- Motion to Approve
Electric bids for Street Lighting and Pumping). 60-month contract with Constellation. (in the future, council gives permission for City Administrator to decide because of the changing rate from day to day.) (pages 14-15)
Committee of the Whole - Discussion
- Dan Dolan closing date was Friday, Sept. 22, 2023. With construction to begin immediately.
- Discuss the Ordinance on Liquor Licenses. (Renee present to help answer questions.) (pages 16-20 included per Alderperson Mask)
- Discuss 2023 Tahoe purchase from State Center, Iowa. (replace 2013 Durango). (pages 21-39)
- Discuss Ordinance Change for No Parking on one side of roadway:
Added: 7th Ave. & 9th St.
7th St. from 10th Ave. to 13th Ave.
11th Ave. from 10th S.t to 14th St.
Adding stop signs for 4-way stop 10th St. and 7th Ave.
Stop sign at 12th St. in front of Middle School.
- Discuss City Administrator responsibilities. Enclosed is our Agreement Delegating Duties – Part-Time Basis for City Administrator. Motion to follow October 9, 2023, meeting. (pages 40-42)
- Per Alderperson Mask, the Role of City Council Committees information. (pages 43-46)
- From Republic Services, Fulton City Cleanup for bulky waste collection will begin on Monday, Nov. 13, 2023, at 6:00 a.m. It will continue through the rest of the week until it is completed. Items should be set out by 6:00 a.m. on Monday. If items are set out later, Republic Services will not come back for them. A flyer from Republic is in the packet. (Page 47)
- Committee Reports
- Finance (pages 48-49)
- Personnel – Minutes from last meeting (page 50)
C. Economic Development – (page 51)
D. Parks & Rec - None
E. Public Safety – None
F. Marina - None
G. Tourism - None
H. Zoning - None
Budget Needs for next year? Signs, Code Officer, Tourism Director, Sidewalks & Streets
9. Mayor’s Report – None
10. Aldermen Report – None. Nothing provided to the Clerk at time of agenda. (All Aldermen reports need to be in writing.)
11. City Administrator’s Report – Budget to Actual Report (see separate report at end of packet)
12. Chief of Police Report (pages 52-55)
13. Public Works Director Report – (page 56)
14. Historical Society Report – Martin House Museum 2023 Financial Report (page 57)
Closed Session for Personnel, Litigation or Sale of Property