1. No input from the public
2. IMRF presentation moved to closed session agenda for discussion
3. Director Dan Clark was not present at the previous meeting and requested to get a copy of the handout. Asked which roads was first priority with the use of $360,000.
4. Officer Pridemore was present on behalf of the police department, he had no additional comments just the report as presented.
5. Committee Chair Reports
a. The budget committee needs to meet with Interim City Admin Randy Balk in order to discuss revisions.
b. Public Property- Ald. Boonstra volunteered to look into refurbished laptops from HP with same or similar warranty as a new one. Ald. Mask the Martin House representative requested a meeting with the Public Property committee to discuss the budget as there were concerns regarding lack of financials provided from the council. Also the City Treasurer is to review the financials for the Martin House monthly when received.
c. Public Safety- Loan documents are being signed on July 19th for the new squad car. Ald. King is still working on lease agreement for future squad cars.
d. Parks & Recreation- Ald. Mask and Ald. VanKampen are working on some ideas to revamp Pleasure Park with the possibility of a sand volleyball court. Ald. the decision was made that Heritage Canyon is not a part of Parks & Recreation.
e. Marina-The council was presented with the monthly boat launch fees. Mayor Ottens discussed the need to establish dual control access wen it comes to cash handling from the box at the marina to City Hall. Tammy Garibay ensured that once the envelopes are received at City hall two plus people are always present when cash is counted or changes hands. It was also suggested the same dual control access for the Heritage Canyon box.
f. Zoning- Brought up the need to review ordinances for trailers, mobile homes and mobile home parks, this will be reviewed.
6. Interim City Administrator Randy Balk discussed road repair updates and the need to revisit the budget to make some modifications that could potentially free up more money for road improvements. The budget committee plans to be meeting soon.
7. Mayor Ottens would like to review all of the city’s properties especially half streets that are only be used by one property owner which could be sold to reduce the city’s maintenance costs. Also, the Shuffleboard Park is not being used so this could be sold. There continues to be flooding issues on 20th Ave in the trailer park. There is not place for the water to go since there are no storm sewer systems just have to wait for the water to seep into the ground.
8. Economic Growth Committee- no current update
9. Tourism- There is a need to hire a part-time director for Tourism in the City of Fulton. Ald. Mask is inviting her tourism group (no city affiliation) to a future city council meeting.
10. Community curb appeal- The City of Fulton needs to make sure “our” properties look good/trimmed/weeded so we can enforce the policies with the citizens of the community.
With no further discussion the council adjourned the meeting of the whole. The meeting was adjourned at 7:05 PM.
The council entered closed session to discuss personnel. The council entered closed session at 7:05 PM.
The council moved to exit closed session at 7:32 PM. Ald. Mask motioned, seconded by Ald. Boonstra to exit closed session. Roll call vote (8 yes).
Fulton City Clerk