CITY OF FULTON
Regular City Council Meeting
April 20, 2015
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of allegiance
4. Communication from visitors
5. Recognize Brittany Johnson
6. Approve April 6, 2015 Regular Council Meeting minutes (pages 1-4)
7. Approve Bill List
8. Approve Treasurer’s Report (pages 5-12)
9. Public Hearing
A. Public Hearing for Consideration of Proposed Fiscal Year 2016 Annual Budget
- Summary: As noticed in the Fulton Journal and on the City of Fulton Website on April 7, 2015, this is a public hearing for the tentative annual budget for fiscal year May 1, 2015 through April 31, 2016. A copy of the tentative budget has been available for public review at City Hall and on the City website. All interested persons are invited to attend this public hearing and be heard.
- Action: Motion to open the public hearing for the proposed fiscal year 2015 annual budget.
B. Close Public Hearing
10. Items for Consideration
A. Ordinance #1523 Adopting the Annual Budget of the City Pursuant to Section 8-2-9.4 of the Illinois Municipal Code (pages 13-43)
- Summary: All notifications and public hearing have been accomplished in accordance with Illinois Municipal Code. Approved budget must be submitted to the Whiteside County Clerk by April 30, 2015.
- Action: Approve budget ordinance
B. Hobby Machine Development Presentation (pages 44-49)
- Summary: Mr. Robert Miller is requesting the City of Fulton sell 5 acres in the southeast corner of the Fulton Industrial Center for Hobby Machine business expansion.
- Action: Discussion only
C. Request to use reserve funds to replace Well 3 booster pump and motor and the WWTP clarifier (page 50)
- Summary: PW Director Clark is requesting $17,452.00 from W/S Depreciation reserves (Fund 55) to replace the booster pump and motor at well three; and to replace the clarifier at the Waste Water Treatment Plant. The booster pump carries water to the water tower, and the clarifier is the first biological process at the WWTP.
- Action: Approve using Fund 55 reserves for repairs to Well 3 booster pump and motor, and clarifier at WWTP.
11. Old Business
A. Permanent Stage at Heritage Canyon
- Summary: Bob Whitten is requesting the City Council approve a permanent stage at Heritage Canyon. The stage will be located to the west of the chapel and will be erected using donated lumber. The stage will be used as a band shell in the canyon and 10% of event revenues will be returned to the city.
- Action: Approve Permanent stage
- Mayor - (pages 51-53)
- Administrator - (page 54)
- Public Works Director
- Police Chief – (page 55)
- Aldermen Reports
- Martin House Report - (page 56)
13. Closed Session to Discuss Collective Bargaining Matters
14. Return to Open Session